Search Engines and the Internet Have Changed Our World Forever - A Book Review

There are so many books out there on Google, it's hard to pick one to buy, and considering they run about 25 to 30 bucks each, you don't want to buy them all. However, if you'd like to buy one I can recommend a very good book to you, it's a book that I spent two days reading in the bookstore locally, and eventually decided to purchase. The name of the book is;
"Googled - The End of the World As We Know It" by Ken Auletta, published by the Penguin Press, New York, New York, 2009, ISBN: 978-1-59420-235-3.
First, this is no ordinary writer and he is the author of eight very good books, three others of which I have read, and they span the subjects of modern media to the Internet, to Wall Street, and his latest book which is absolutely incredible, and one that I would highly recommend - but that shouldn't surprise anybody. This author's books are always excellent, his research is phenomenal, and he knows what he's talking about.
*FYI; I do not have any financial ties with this author, I have never met him, and we may not even get along if we ever did, but I think he writes the very best books on important topics of the information age that I have ever read. You understand, of course I have to disclose these facts if I'm going to give someone such a raving review, as to not attract the FTC on this book review.
The author explains the history of Google from its inception, and all the way through its 2004 IPO. He also explains how Google went from being a renegade startup to a company so large that it could not avoid the regulations of big business. Specifically, the FTC due to potential antitrust violations simply due to its size, as well as the FCC due to Google's future tie-ins with mobile communication, and even their fight with old media.
It appears not everyone is into the collaboration and competition, and Google has been met with ire, and sometimes anger due to its book scanning programs, and complaints from newspapers and TV media. But I think my favorite chapter in the book is the last chapter where it talks about the potential future exploits of Google and what that will mean to mankind. The author makes some great points, and I believe he is right.
View the original article here